don't postpone joy

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

free verse

I'm looking for some comfort, it seems to have escaped from within.
I looked, it's gone.
I'll create some more, for now I'd just like to borrow some.
Encased in a warm hold, burrowing my face deep just because I can; because it
feels safe and yummy. And a vision. I see the jungle again.
I don't need protection or even a place to hide...just some emotional
rental property. By the hour is fine. I'll take 6, please.
My Abu spoke 11 languages and called me his dvoirala...he plucked the
guitar and sang aye yay yay yays like no other man could. Big red nose
gallons of silvovitz (damn, have you ever had that stuff???)
oh red roses
quartz
green
bark
vines
cumulus clouds at the mountain top
cayuko
gallo pinto
shiny
bread
red car
mailbox
oleander
sixth grade best friend
sleep
dancing with the stars

2 Comments:

At 25 March, 2008 20:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like the comfort room is starting to build!

 
At 25 March, 2008 21:02, Blogger hockeyman said...

an orgasm of vocabulary to be sure.. its so much richer than "relax" "kickback" but the "dvoirala" now that is something...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home